Saturday, March 18, 2006

Finally an update from the Mousers!!!

Wow...I can't believe it has been so long since I have had time to update the blog. Life has been crazy around here. Just when we thought that we were over all these bugs that were going around the stomach flu hit our house again!!! Knock on wood....mom has been the lucky one to escape all of these silly viruses going around! The males have all been hit hard! But....once again everyone is up and running again and we are working on getting back on track. In the midst of all the bugs, I have been swamped with the Read Across America parade at our school. To celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday we had a fairly large parade at our school...complete with a marching band, live d.j., and a police car. It was a HUGE success and we even scored and entire page in our newspaper with the parade activites. I was exhausted and glad to see it over and done. Also, I worked every evening that week at our school to help celebrate "Read Across America". We also had our annual "Jump rope for Heart" event yesterday and I spent the day outside with approximately 400 children helping them raise money for the American Heart Association. I am proud to say that they raised $8000. It was a fun, but extremely tiring day!
A highlight in our life in the past week was Taylor getting inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. We are really proud of him and the fact that he has maintained an A average all year so far. He has really worked hard on getting his work done and turned in on time and his effort shows. I was extremely proud because I too was inducted into the NJHS during my 8th grade year. Taylor also took a trip to Gatlinburg, TN this past weekend with our church youth group for "Winterfest". This is an awesome experience with over 48,000 student gathering together to worship one God. You can go to www.mywinterfest.com or www.extremegen.org/yceministries/winterfest/ and check out some video of the event. If you watch carefully you might see Taylor. He got interviewed while he was there and was up on the big screen in front of all those kids. Take a few minutes and check it out...it will touch your heart!
Well enough updating for now. I am being summoned to help clean the boys bedroom. I will update more later!!!!
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: