Saturday, May 31, 2008

Update!

Wow...didn't realize it had been so long since I updated this blog.....thanks to a friend for bringing it to my attention. I am glad to know ya'll are watching it for updates. Where do I begin???
Well the year started off with Jeff leaving on New Years Day for a one year tour in Korea. Seems hard to believe that he has been gone 5 months now. Wow...how time flies. During that time our lives have been busier than ever...which is a good thing. Just to update you real quick...Feb 10th, Taylor turned 16 and is now legal on the road. I thought I would dread the moment he got his license....but it has been a good thing. I feel very comfortable with him on the road and he has been a HUGE help in getting the other two boys back and forth to practice/church etc. Plus it is great that he can get himself back and forth to football. This really has lightened my load quite a bit.
This past week ended the school year for us. I am very proud of how well my boys did this past year. They ended the years with all A's except for Taylor getting one B in Honors Biology. I totally understand that as I helped him with a few of his projects and know that I couldn't have done as well as he did. One project we had over 900 chromosones and we had to pair them up and figure out what kind of disease the person had by the missing chromosones....WHAT...we never did that kind of stuff in high school. But...Honor classes weren't offered as part of our curriculum.
Dylan ran for the school Student Government Association for next year and was elected the new school secretary. I am very proud of him....he had 4 opponents and there were approximately 500 kids voting....so it is an honor for him to get to serve the school next year. I think he is most excited that he will get to lead the entire school in the morning pledge throughout the next school year. That is just one of the jobs that he will fulfill during his term.
Riley is just finishing off his baseball season. I think he will be the only one of the boys that really gets into baseball. He played 3rd base throughout the year and had 2 homeruns this season. I'm very proud of him. He has potential being a little lefty player.
Well I think that covers some of the basics....I'm off to find some pics to put up and I will add more updates along with the pics.
Stay in touch....we love ya'll.

No comments: