Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Riley's Red Barrette

One more Riley story....can you stand it!! Monday night we were at Taylor's basketball game sitting up in the bleachers and Riley comes up to me and declares "mom...I got a ka-prise for you". He starts digging deep in his pockets and all of you mom's with boys (or tomboys) know what that means. You are never surprised at what comes out of their pockets. Riley being the third boy has a hard time surprising me as I feel like I have already seen it all. Boys can carry anything from dead birds, "beautiful" rocks, frogs, snakes, and much more in those little pockets of there's. I can tell you that from experience!!!! This time he got me though...he pulls out of his pocket this "beautiful" red little girls barrette. He proudly tells me how he found it at the playground earlier today and saved it just for me because "you are the bestest mom ever". So I ooh and awe over like a good mom should all the while trying not to imagine where this thing has been. Then he says, "mom, just sit still for a minute and I will put it in your hair". YIKES!! How do you get out of that one??? I finally explained to him that it was so special that I really need to save it for a special day when I am wearing something red to match. Now off to Wal-mart I go, to find the closest match to this red barrette because I can assure you the next time I am wearing red his little eyes will be looking for that red barrette.

No comments: