Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Update...new pictures coming soon!

I apologize that I haven't had updated the site in a few days. We were out of town until Sunday evening visiting with family and attending the funeral of our Uncle Skip. It was a very bittersweet weekend. It is always hard to say good-bye to someone you love, but it was great to get to spend time with all of our family over in Georgia. We got to see some family members that I haven't seen in over 20 something years. It is unfortunate that we wait for a tragedy to reconnect with our family.
I will have some new pictures posted from this weekend this evening....hopefully!
Let me tell you some of the funny things from the funeral. First of all, when I told Dylan that Uncle Skip had died his reaction was "Oh man....and he just got a new video game for Christmas too". Then he preceded to explain "that is why is just doesn't pay to get new video games when you are old....you don't get to play them for very long before you die". Oh the wisdom of an 8 year old.
Riley has had this thing lately with death, graves, etc. (remember the previous post about Grandpa). Not that he is weird or anything....he is just trying to figure it all out....something even I haven't done....and death just doesn't make sense to him. He asked several questions about Uncle Skip...where he was....how he would be buried...etc. I tried to explain to him that Uncle Skip wouldn't be buried because he was cremated. That threw a whole new kink into his thought process. Try to explain that to a 5 y/o.
All in all we had a terrific weekend and I was sad to see it come to an end. I hope that we all get together again sometime soon....without a funeral being the reason for the gathering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my adventure vacation site.
Have a good day!