Thursday, October 19, 2006

What a week!

Wow...hard to believe how fast this week has flown by! Just a quick update on the Mouser gang. Football and soccer are officially over for Taylor.....but now it is on to basketball. We actually had one free night this week (where two football games and a soccer game got cancelled due to weather) and we almost didn't know what to do with ourselves. It was so strange to have a weeknight at home with nothing scheduled. We enjoyed a family dinner and watched the Cardinals play some ball. Riley's football team is doing really well and they are undefeated at this point. We have a big game on Tuesday against the Cowboys and they are the other undefeated team so it should be a fun game to watch. Dylan is finishing up with soccer, but he now got selected to play on the Ft Rucker All Star team. He was very excited about being chosen and can't wait to play in the tournaments. He is hoping they make it all the way up to state level. He has been going with me to the track right after school to do some running and then he works on some moves with the soccer ball while I finish up. I have been dealing with Staph infection this week. It actually started on Saturday with what I thought was a spider bite, but then it consistently spread each day. Yesterday I went to the doctor and he did a swab test to confirm that it was indeed staph infection. I acquired it from one of my co-workers at school and we are hoping that it doesn't start an epidemic at our school.
Now for the laughs of the week! Kids are definitely the greatest gift from God and they sure can make life so much fun. Monday, Riley's teacher called me aside and said "I just have to tell you this. We were working on our words today and one of our new words was HOT. Riley raised his hand and said I know what that means. Girls are hot! She said well what does hot mean, Riley? He said I am not sure, but I know girls are hot and boys aren't. His little friend Levi raised his hand and said I know. It means they are cute because my girlfriend is hot."
Oh yeah...another good one from Riley. Friday Taylor's girlfriend Morgan was at the house. They were playing Xbox with Riley in the room and Taylor tried to sneak a kiss in on Morgan. Riley (fulfilling his job as little brother) loudly proclaims..."UH...Excuse me....do you two not see me sitting here???"
And...the laugh of the week from Dylan. Remember the guys all went to Wild Adventures this weekend. Well in packing to come back home Jeff put some of their clothes into Dylan's backpack. Well Tueday morning I was in the teacher's work room and Dylan stopped in to see me. He said "oh mom...I forgot to tell you....when I was on the bus yesterday I found a pair of dad's underwear in my backpack. So I decided to be Captain Underpants and put dad's underwear on and tied my red hoodie around my neck like a cape and then walked around the school like that". I said "Dylan...those underwear were probably dirty." He said, "no they weren't". I replied..."how do you know that?". He says...."because I smelled them mom". I was rolling on the floor laughing and of course the principal and vice principal had to walk up and hear the whole story. What a boy thing to do!!!!!!
Well enough for now....I hope you got a few chuckles....I have a few more good stories from this week....but the Cardinals are playing ball so I am going to get off this computer and go check out the game.

No comments: