Monday, October 02, 2006

The Wildcats Game

I think one of the signs that we have really made Enterprise our home is the fact that we bought season tickets to the Enterprise Wildcats football games. This is the big thing to do on a Friday night here in Enterprise. Our seats are located near several friends and co-workers and we really have enjoyed getting out and watching the games. I am sure this will become an annual event since Taylor will be playing on the high school team next year. I have fallen in love with football and I am finally beginning to understand the game. As a matter of fact, just last weekend, my girlfriend Kim M. and I went down to Dothan just to watch the Wildcats play. The guys all hung out at Tim & Kim Waters house and watched the kids while the girls went to the football game. It was a blast!!!!!
Riley's kindergarten teacher (Mrs. Harrelson) sits on the same row as us at the football game. Her daughter just loves Riley and of course he loves "any" girl.

Taylor & Aaron being cool at the game. This was one of the few minutes that they actually sat down. They spend most of their time roaming the stadium and checking out the "sites".


Crystal and I were checking out the program to see if we was a winner for the evening. At every game they have different coaches sign some of the programs and if your program is signed you win a prize.

Aaron & Boobie (don't know how he got that name). Boobie plays on the football team with Aaron & Taylor. Every Friday night, after the football game, they all go to the church to play dodgeball till about 12:30 am. This started out as a small event and now they are having upwards of 300 teens show up every Friday night to play dodgeball. It is great that they have a safe, clean, drug/alcohol free place for the kids to hang out on Friday evenings. Jeff goes up every Friday and helps provide security and I occasionally show up to help out with the snack bar.

Dylan and Jake being silly at the game. Jake is our new neighbor and I must say he is definitely the most polite, well-mannered child I have ever seen in my life. That isn't just me saying that.....all of his teachers at Pinedale agree also. Jeff and I joke that one day we will discover he is really an "Eddie Haskell" because he is just so polite. We are so happy to have him as a neighbor and him and Dylan have become such good friends. Jake just moved here after 3 years in Korea and he is keeping Dylan informed on all the neat things he will get to do when we go over there.



No comments: