Sunday, June 15, 2008

Korea

Just wanted to update everyone and let ya'll know that I arrived in Korea on June 11th. That was a LONG flight.....OMG...I don't want to do that again going home!!!! Korea is a very interesting place...the people are very friendly....the food is ok (for the most part)....definitely not a place I would want to live for very long. I have had many laughs at the crazy signs around here and have started a picture collection of them for you all to enjoy. Also, they love their t-shirts with English writing...even though most times they make no sense. They have no clue what they say anyways...ha ha. We saw one shirt that said "I will follow you to come to my house". I saw a little girl about 4 years old wearing a shirt with some cute little kids on it and it said "Candid Lovers". My favorite so far, which I did get a picture of, was a lady wearing a shirt that said "wear cute underwear".


Just a snapshot inside Jeff's apartment....we were getting ready to hit the gym.

I love their little carts they use for hauling their goods....especially cardboard. Cardboard is like gold to these people.


A Korean McDonalds....notice an ice cream is 400W (which is less than 40 cents US)

This is the Korean version of a Super Walmart. They have everything here, and have the sample people like a Sam's Club would. A great place to sample some real Korean food. They guy tried to get me to sample a live baby Octupus...but I just couldn't do it.


Shopping in the ville at Songtan. I got a laugh out of their "JcPenney"...notice the "Playboy Shop" down the street. They just pick whatever name they want and use that for their store.

No comments: